|Let the adventure continue! Apply your scuba skills as you explore new dive sites and activities under the supervision and continuing training of your NAUI Instructor. Learn which diving specialties interest you, and what type of diving you enjoy most. Gain more confidence and capability. Begin to consider the direction diving will take you, as you go for everything it has to offer.
This course is a continuing education certification course for certified divers. It is an enjoyable program of continued supervised experience designed to introduce divers to a variety of diving activities and to be taught entirely in an open water setting. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are considered competent to engage in open water diving activities without supervision, provided the diving activities and the areas dived approximate those of training. This course is appropriate for divers who:
- Desire additional training.
- Have moved from one diving area to another and desire local orientation.
- Do not have, but wish to obtain, NAUI certification.
- Desire orientation to a variety of diving sites and conditions.
OPEN WATER DIVES
A minimum of six open water dives is required. A maximum of three dives per day shall be applied toward course requirements. At least two dives are to be deeper than 20 feet (6 m).
The required dive topic areas listed represents three separate dives of the minimum six required. The remaining dives can be combined or split as needed to fit the situation and meet student needs provided at least six separate dives are made:
- Night or low visibility diving
- Deep diving (130 feet/40 meters maximum depth)
- Search and recovery
- Boat diving
- Light salvage
- Hunting and collecting
- Exploration and underwater mapping
- Non-penetration wreck diving
- Observation and data collection
- Diving in surf or currents
- Altitude diving
- Salt water diving (in areas where most diving is in fresh water)
- Fresh water diving (in areas where most diving is in salt water)
- Shore diving
- Diving for photos or video
- Using dive computers
PREREQUISITES FOR ENTERING THE COURSE
- Age. Minimum is 15 years. (Junior certification for ages 12 -14 years is allowed. See Policies Applying to All Courses: Age, Junior Certification.)
- Dive Certification. Certification as a scuba diver by a NAUI recognized agency is required. The instructor is to carefully screen and evaluate all prospective students to assure that they understand diving safety and possess the necessary skills to participate. Curriculum and skills from other NAUI courses shall be used to evaluate and improve the divers knowledge and proficiency if necessary.
- Equipment. Students shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The instructor shall initially assist the student in checking all student gear to insure it is adequate and in proper working order.
- You have one year from the date you sign up to complete this course. Courses are non-refundable.
With classes starting every day, Private Scuba can accommodate any scheduling need. For more details call Private Scuba today. 888 404-DIVE